Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wrong direction!?


Ever tried to do something you know God didn't want you to do or not do something you new he was asking you to do??

Remember Jonah...God pursued Jonah even into the belly of a whale to do his will.  God called Jonah to go to Nineveh and call the people to repentance (Jonah 1:1-2).  Jonah tried to run; in fact he did in the opposite direction (vs.3) and it almost cost him his life and the life of those around him.  Foolish Jonah!

But I can look at my life and see the same behavior...I have many times known the good I was to do and have sprinted in the wrong direction.  Only to find myself knee deep in trouble; usually emotional trouble.  I was convicted on my run today that it only takes believing one lie to get me way off track.  And boy these last few weeks I have been going in the wrong direction.

So one truth at a time I am disputing the lies I have allowed to take residence.  Not resting on what others think, nor what I assume others think, but on what God thinks about me.  The only way to know what He thinks and asks of you or me is found in his word, the Bible.  He invites us to come, rest, and give him our burdens and so often I get up and go.  "Abide in me, and I will abide in you (John 15:4)."  There is my daily invitation but I all to often find myself saying "No."


Maybe I am not so different than Jonah, foolish?

At times yes!  But also have a heavenly father that is constantly steering me toward him.

Psalm 23:4, Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, the comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson