Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fight for today


So I don't have enough in me to fight for anything other than today...

Just read a quote today from Dr Henry Cloud, this morning "ask your self, what will I have needed to be able to look back and say 'Good Day.'"  So I had already asked myself that while sitting on the floor in my bathroom catching a moment with my husband before he left.  I started a list:


  • Get to know the creator that Loves me so much that he had me in mind at the creation of the world
  • Love my boys...intentionally get to know them, talk to them and really listen
  • Work on my bible study for abuse healing
  • Take care of myself so that I can be emotionally available to my husband at the end of the day (ie exercise, nap, take a long bath etc)
I know that I don't have enough for a week or two...but I have enough for today.  So I chose to stand, look up, and fight for joy today...

Nehemiah 4:13-14, "So in the lowest parts of the space behind the wall, in open places, I stationed the people by their clans, with their swords, their spears, and their bows.  And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, 'Do not be afraid of them.  Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes." (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson