Thursday, February 7, 2013

No words...except FREE!!

I seem to be void of words recently... they just aren't there.  There are several reasons that this might be:

- Maybe I have spent them all at home with two very verbal boys.  Whoever said girls were more verbal than little girls haven't met my three and five year old.  

- Possibly weekly counseling for almost 3 years has temporarily emptied my creativity.

- In the last few weeks I have started meeting with an amazing mentor; divinely appointed and I believe mutually encouraging.

- Lastly I have started an amazing bible study; but it is so much more.  It digs in my soul; dredging out hurt and pain while salving the wounds with truth.  This process is only possible with the Holy Living Word of God.  

- Finally I have spent many hours with my beloved husband as my sounding board, to bounce all the grace filled encounters off of.  We are truly sojourning together.

So there are my many words...they are spent; but not in vain.  Out of each of my very intentional activities, I can see the fruit of increased peace leaving my depression slowly behind.  This whole process can be summed up in one word FREE!!  


  • It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. (Galatians 5:1)

FREE from guilt, dictating emotions, lies, abuse, shame, 'should's,' and the list could go on and on.  And then FREE to love, live, thrive, and prevail in truth.  It is a journey but it is happening; from bondage to freedom...


  • The Year of the sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.  He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners. (Isaiah 61:1)



So my word, mantra, and hearts desire is to live FREE in accordance to Galatians and the fulfillment of Isaiah 61:1 through Jesus Christ.  I don't want to be re-yoked! Or trapped in darkness again!!



2 comments:

  1. You are on your way, sweet friend. This is why He came! Prayers for you, in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elise. How does anyone do it without God!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson