Saturday, January 12, 2013

God Sized Dreams...

I joined a group of ladies that are coming together to blog and spur each other on toward their God Sized Dream.  You can click on the link to see the community I joined... When I think of God Sized; well actually I can't wrap my mind around that idea.  God sized is risky as I can attest and many of you can.  It brings up fear of failure, fear of man (What will others think?) and what if it fails...

Well that is where I use to stop, fear paralyzing me to action and the spiral of depression begins...

But that isn't my new story.  The one I have been living in for several months now... fear is still there I look at it feel it and then act in light of truth and keep going through it to what God is calling me to do.  Proverbs 16:9, "The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." (ESV)  Proverbs acknowledges that man has a heart and inclinations toward purpose, but the Lord directs his steps.  Oh those precious words take out the fear to dream and and to make plans and be open to the Lord directing my steps; which may take the whole dream in a different direction.

I would like to list the dreams in my heart I don't know if they correspond with the steps the Lord wants me to take but here are some;

- Speak and share my story of redemption; from depression to hope; weeds to blooming flowers (I am dreaming big here like Women of Faith)

- Write God's story of my life for other women to hear the hope of Christ and find some healing (I will need a good editor because I haven't been blessed with good spelling or grammar)

- Get rid of all dept aka student loans ( this year our goal is to get rid of $25,000)

- Freed up to do medical mission work (I would love to go from a RN to a NP and do it with out borrowing $)

- Intentionally live the call of Isaiah 1:17, "learn to do what is right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed.  Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."



Now do I know how to live out my dreams?  No, not really but I trust that God will direct my steps and as I submit to Christ  and then he will mold and change my heart in accordance to His will and plan.  For now I will follow my heart and take one step at a time.  The Lord can't direct my steps unless I start walking.  One step at a time, no matter how small it is I choose today to take a step.  Some days I don't feel like even lifting my feet but I will say yes and do it!!

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - Grace Hopper.  Let's start sailing...

6 comments:

  1. Your post was very touching and real. I love how you encourage us just to take a step - God will be there to guide us. I also love your quote from Grace Hopper. Thank you for sharing your story and I'm looking forward to future post.

    P. S. Have you ever participated in 5 Minute Friday on Lisa Jo Baker website. There are LOTS of writers there and you may be able to find an editor too if someone doesn't pop up in the God-sized Dream team. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet fellow blogger. Aren't we blessed to take just one step at a time as The Lord directs our step. I am blessed to have married a wonderful man that seems to excel in grammar and spelling and has been a huge help thus far. I will have to check out 5 minute Friday on Lisa's site.

      Delete
  2. Love your list of dreams, Alyson! So happy to walk along side you as we chase after what God has for us this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words. What an adventure to seek god's dreams in our lives.

      Delete
  3. Well now I have a great list of prayers for you through your God-sized Dream list. I love that God plants our dreams and we do our part, but He can make things new and true and more than we ask or imagine. Praying for you in the journey...Your buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers. they are coveted. I am excited to read through your blog this evening after my boys go to sleep.

      Delete

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson