Thursday, January 3, 2013

Don't Worry

"Don't worry...today is just the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.  You have survived every tomorrow so far." - From the Meier Clinic facebook page.

Oh there is a resolution that I want to have this year, maybe better called a desire "don't worry."  I can worry about anything and everything, ask my husband.  But looking back I have survived all the days I worried about and chances are most of us will survive today.  Those on the East Coast have even a higher chance of even surviving today, since they are an hour closer to the end of the day than I am in central time.

How futile is our worry; the bible says we can't add a day to our life by worrying.  Many of us may worry that we lost a few days to stress, increased heart disease, increased risk of cancer etc; but that again would be worry!! And I resolve to worry less.

Philippians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God."

Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Matthew 6:27, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"


  I have found in change you can't just stop something without replacing it with something, I then resolve to pray.  So if you need prayer I know I am going to be doing a lot of it and would be honored to pray with you.  So comment or e-mail me...

7 comments:

  1. Phillippians 4:6 is one of my favorites and one that I seem to keep repeating quite often these days.

    One of these days we will have to meet face to face seeing that we only live 5 minutes from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cling to that verse and am learning to present my requests with thanksgiving. It must be hard to be new to a place like you are. Please do call if you need anything. We moved to texas from California 2 and half years ago. So the challenge of starting over is fresh still in my mind. God bless and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this timely reminder, Alyson! In the way He usually does, God put these words in front of me right on time. A new year always brings change with it and, for me, even good change comes with some worry. Those were exactly the verses I needed this morning! Thanks for that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanette HenriquesJanuary 5, 2013 at 5:32 AM

    I have always loved Matthew 6:25-34 because I too struggle with worry. Then I heard a sermon about verse 25 starting with the word "therefore" and if we go back up to versus 19 it will teach us the reason we worry. We can't worship and serve two Gods. You will love one and hate the other. I had to look at what I was teasuring and longing for and when it was not God I could see that I had anxiety around this issues and things. So when I am anxious I ask myself "what in this moment do I want more than God" and it is usually a good indication of what I am idolizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for your words and just the accountability to always ask what I may be idolizing. May all of our trust be in the sovereign Lord alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all three of these verses and pull them out to remind me frequently.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson