Monday, January 21, 2013

Did you know that you are...

Did you know that you can be:

Deeply loved by God, completely forgiven and fully pleasing, totally accepted, and a new creation...Oh doesn't that sound nice...  Dosen't that sound like the the desire of every person if they look deep into their heart.

To be Loved, forgiven, pleasing, accepted, and new.  Not anything in this world or any earthly relationship offers this.  I have tried to find it in all the wrong places (now I sound like a country song).  I buy into the lie that if I was in a different circumstance, didn't struggle with emotions, was out of debt, had more community, etc, that I would feel complete.  But this is a lie thrown into our face every day.  Well did you know that you and I can live loved, forgiven, pleasing, accepted, and new through Christ Jesus by what he did on the cross? We need to accept the free gift and live in truth with a surrendered heart.

1 John 4:9-10, "This is how God showed his love among us.  He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love; not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
Do you live loved?  I know I don't most of the time.  But what a beautiful picture of love is available.  To meet someone that truly believes they are deeply loved; you see a glow about them.  I have met a few people like this; one is the leader of the the Roost (women's bible study), Nancy.  Another one is a nurse that I met in California at my first day of orientation, Karen.  A peace and joy emanates them; these types of people live in the truth of Scripture and their beliefs and their life are congruent.  Oh when life screams that you or I are unlovable these two ladies can quickly point you back to God's Love.  (oh find find people like this).

Romans 5:1, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Oh justification gives complete forgiveness and then the peace of being with God.  Oh what a gift... Have you met someone that has been forgiven much and is assured of their place with the Lord.  Look at Paul in the bible, persecutor and executor of Christian's , then in Ephesians 4 speaks of God's wonderful forgiveness.

Colossians 1:21-22, "Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in you minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight with out blemish and free from accusation."
Alien to reconciled to be holy in God's sight without any accusation; complete divine acceptance.  All sin forgiven in Christ; even the most heinous of crimes.  Jesus on the cross said to one of the criminals hanging beside him in Luke 23 "today you will be with me in paradise."

2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone the new has come."
Then is the most beautiful of promises; in Christ Jesus we are completely new and the old is gone.  Struggling with a hang up or a hold up in your life?  God wants to make you completely new, white as snow.

 So that's what you are and what I am in Christ Jesus...let's embrace God's truth together..


2 comments:

  1. I struggle with wanting to be out of debt or if in a different circumstance, I would feel complete, better or just live a more fulfilled life, but you're right, it's a lie! Thank you for this reminder.. I needed to read this today.. I had two horrible medical bills that came in the mail today and we just trying to get out of student loan debt. .I just needed this encouragement.. So excited to link up with you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah thanks for sharing some of your struggles as well. We have a lot of medical bills ourselves. Sadly we got medical insurance that didn't cover mental health. So all of my counseling, medications, etc are completely out of our pocket. But it has been amazing to see how God just shows up and provides. I am looking forward to linking up blogs with yours as well. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson