Monday, December 17, 2012

Anger...we all have it at some point

The Lord never said don't be angry; rather don't sin in it.

That second part is hard at times; maybe because we expect something different or have been hurt; so then I tend to think "I deserve such and such..." After counseling I came to the conclusion of a new revelation for myself.

Anger by design is an indicator that I have something worthy to protect.
God has put a special thing in me to protect my children; my heart, my emotions, my dreams, my marriage, my health, my security, my mind, my life, my personality, just to name a few.  When these get threatened you can see the "mommy bear" come out and into action I go.  (You mothers know exactly what I am saying!)  I am learning that my first response to this threat is to act, but by getting on my knees to pray; to pray for wisdom, self control, and love.

So listen to that amazing, God given indicator; anger, that you were given but take heed; your anger can lead you into sin or into a prayerful response.

Proverbs 4: 23, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Ephesians 4: 25-26, "Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.  In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."

Psalm 4:4, "In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson