Monday, November 26, 2012

Nest...

 So the winds came Friday, every leaf blew off our neighbors tree exposing though a gift.  Poor Tyler had just blown our grass free of leaves, but that is beside the point I am going to make here.  The picture above is of Thanksgiving am from our backyard; the yellow leaves glowed like the sun. Trees full ,showing the newness of another season. As we walked after our small thanksgiving meal different hues of reds, orange, yellows; natures evidence of the wonder of change that our Lord created.

Well I sadly have to say that the winds came and blew inside of me and a storm started.  I would like to say that it was a storm of joy, gratitude, and thankfulness; but I haven't found any freedom in lying to you or to myself.  Rather wind of bitterness, anger, entitlement blew in from the south, biting anyone that got in my way (ie children and husband).

Like wise it truly was windy here in Texas and once I left my room, and pity party post explosion.  I sat and ate dinner with my family and this was the view; one lonely nest tightly secured on the top of one of the oak trees that had just glowed yellow the day prior.  It's mother made sure that this home was secure; the babies weren't responsible to hold on.  They were knit in so tightly there was no question where that nest was going, it was staying there.

I imagined that we (those that are followers of Christ) are like the nest and God is the gentle Father that so secured us to him that we aren't going anywhere when the winds blow.  We have become one with him, much like the nest has with the tree.  It grieves me to see my own sin, especially when it blows into my own face; but this I know I am secure in Christ.  He isn't going anywhere, nor am I.  I am secure!!  Oh how sweet is this that God has got such a tight hold on me that he isn't going to let go no matter what the storm may look like.
1 Corinthians 6:17, "But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit."

Romans 8:31-35, "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all- how will he not also , along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.   Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died- more that that, who was raised to life- is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?"

2 comments:

  1. I just read these words that remind me of your post: "[God] stands ready to allocate his power to all who are radically dependent on him and radically devoted to making much of him." I am so grateful for your honesty in your times of struggle and for how God uses your vulnerability to strengthen the faith of those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan thank you for your encouraging words. I want to read all the books you have been reading. I hope that venerability and realness is what the Lord desires. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson