Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Gratitude and the Blessing

To God's glory, my heart is changing....dear readers, don't have any crazy expectations... I am a work in progress till Jesus takes me home or returns to earth...

I am a "type A," driven person, who has a strong tendency toward anger at unplanned events or circumstances.  I like it neat, organized, and efficient; these such qualities do contribute to some noble and not so noble characteristics.

For instance this morning I started at 6:10 after praying for the strength and wisdom to make today God's day, then I roll down stairs to start feeding my little Indians (or sweet boys depending on the moment).  We have to be out of the house and ready by 7:20 to get Noah to speech therapy; and my idea of ready is dressed in work out clothes for the day, if not it won't happen (after which I can shower).  Jacob and I read while Noah is working with the amazing therapist in our neighborhood school.  The last 15 minutes of his session I try to wrangle two boys where I get the updates on what and how to work with Noah in the following week...

Are you getting the picture?  We are busy and it is not even 8am!!  Well we go home and I pack school lunches, keep laundry going, start the dishwasher and get organized for my day.  I am out of the house for much of the day on Tuesdays; so I try not to forget anything.  Today my list was longer than usual, but we made it out and I got the boys to school within a few minutes after 9 am.  And I continue on to my 45 minute weekly drive to counseling and 5 minutes into my drive, to my demise (or apparent demise) I realized that I forgot my orders for blood work on my kitchen counter.  My type A personality kicked in with a harsh voice of anger toward myself, "dang it Aly!!  You are going to have to go home!!  And you may be late!!! wait a minute?!"  the voice changed; "Thank you God for the reminder!"

Well that's not where it ended...I drove home with gratitude in my heart (which is a new attitude for me in such circumstances) to discover not only that I left my lab orders, in my haste I left the garage open too.  Maybe not a big deal but again gratitude flooded in when I discovered that God's hand of blessing and protection is on me, my family and he truly does care for me.  I saw that as a blessing that I would have missed if I would have not found the gratitude in the midst of my inconvenience   My day had me out of the house all day; but this time not with a wide open garage for the invitation of a theft, or an intruder.  May it be known that I always close, and lock doors; the last time I left it open was 6 years ago which I blame "pregnancy brain" on.  I truly believe that God was protecting me; and I'm the one who tends to question whether He truly cares about even the small details in my life.

Don't miss God's blessings by forgetting to be thankful, I've done it for years and now my eyes can see more of God's provision and protection in my life... hence His Blessings.

Psalm 91:9-12,
"If you make the Most High your dwelling-
 even the Lord who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands."

Psalm 18:2,
"The Lord is my rock,
my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock,
in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold."
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson