Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Water is Life and Health- Let's build a well

Dearest Readers-  I have just finished the best book, that I truly believe is a needed read by all people that profess to follow Jesus.  It's called The Hole in our Gospel by Richard Stearns. I have graciously received a challenge that has spurred my heart to not just believe in Christ but to act.  I believe we are saved by grace and out of that comes an evidence of that faith by our actions.  Its not that works bring about salvation!  But many times I have found one excuse or an other to ignore that voice from Christ that is whispering for me to be his hands and feet.

So as I finished the last pages of Stearns' book riding the exercise bike at 24 hour fitness, I heard that small quiet nudge "build a well."  Crazy I know, but the creator of the universe is that crazy .  So here I go (no no no....here God goes) through world vision, inlue of any birthday gifts for this year and maybe the 40 some that follow I would love it if people joined together to help build a well in Africa.  Here is the link for more information: My Gift Catalog: My Gift Catalog

The link includes facts, a young ladies story, and an update on the ambitious goal.

 "You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."- Matthew 7:20 (NLT)

So may each of us pick up what faith we have; and together, each doing what we are able-- pick up a shovel and start moving mountains.  

http://www.worldvision.org/news/video-walking-sabinas-shoes-clean-water-sanitation-africa  Here is a great video talking about sabina and her struggle for water for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson