Friday, September 28, 2012

Though your footprints were not seen... Psalm 77:19-20

Psalm 77:19-20
 "Your path led through the sea,
your way through the mighty waters,
though your footprints were not seen.
You led your people like a flock
by the hand of Moses and Aaron."

Lord I have been through the sea....and so many times I doubted that God was with me.  Deep valleys that I would find myself even digging deeper into a pit of despair.  Drowning in shame and guilt all of which I am not supposed to carry, especially if I truly believe that the word of God is true.  Now daily I have to live out God's truth like it truly is true!!

 For example Romans 8:1-2, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."  I have been false advertisement for the work of Christ in my life; till recently.  So condemnation still seeps into my mind and I dispute the lie and claim the truth with prayer to the God who raises the dead to life, parts the waters, and directs my steps to help me no longer live in condemnation.

I look back on the struggles I have had; the scary times where I felt like David; that the waters were coming up to my neck (Psalm 69:1).  But now I can see that God held back the waters, parted the sea, all while my head was above water, for the purpose of leading me to a deeper relationship with Him. (To read the story of God parting the Red Sea through Moses look to Exodus 13 and 14)





Complete and beautiful dependence on God has brought joy and peace beyond anything that I have ever experienced.  Was I saved before?  Well I knew the truth of the word, but didn't believe it like I do now and there is no turning back.  Though I couldn't see God's footprints in my sea of depression, I know that the Lord Jesus Christ was there for me and he offers you the same thing.


Psalms 73:23-26, "Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and my heart may fail. but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

2 comments:

  1. Alyson thank you for sharing; you give me hope in dealing with my own depression, and that one day God will put me down in the sand so I again can walk with Him. All the best for you and Tyler, Aaron Kleinert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aaron! You are in our prayers as well. God is Good and he will work out everything for good for those who love Him. Praying that for you. Aly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson