Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Verse- Matthew 6: 28-30

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"  Matthew 6: 28-30




 How much faith is what I need...God says faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain. (Matthew 17:20)  That seed is small and mine sadly has been smaller but I have seen answered prayers.  Just when finances seem scary and there is yet another cost...(sometimes self inflicted- like locking the keys in the car, taking the side mirror off when pull out to go to the ER) a check comes in the mail.  Random checks like from our health insurance twice, reimbursement from the boys old preschool, etc.  God has been faithful even when my faith has been even smaller than a mustard seed.

God is real and personal God that has thus far provided for my needs, my families needs; even when the situation is and has been hard.  If God takes care of the wildflowers that I photographed on vacation in Colorado, how much more will he care for me (and you)!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. Daily life struggles get in the way so often and I feel pressure to figure out the solution NOW and ON MY OWN. I so needed to hear your reminder of God's promises to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson! These verses were for me today..."o ye of little faith." My prayer has been for more and more and more faith and I am more & more aware of the gift that it is. I'm amazed the situations that I find myself in that I have to exercise faith before I even know its there & then like an abundant fountain His faith runs deep. I am overwhelmed at His goodness in my wretchedness (its one of those seasons!) And at His abundant love and grace and mercy that surround me as He washes me.

    You are a tremendous blessing to me! I'm celebrating with you Gods small (and big) provisions...like scotch tape & popsicles...TRULY answered prayers!!!!!!

    I saw your prayers in action today...God is powerful through you.

    I love you!
    Christin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments!! I love that though we have just little faith God still invites us into seeing Him work. I have been blessed to have gotten to know others that are on the same journey and quest to get more of Christ. Love Aly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson