Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday verse- 2 Chronicles 20:3-4



"Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah.  The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord; they came from every town in Judah to seek him."

Alarmed, the king of Israel made his first action one of inquiring of the Lord.  He didn't call his friends or try on his own strength to prepare for the alarming event that was coming his way.  How many times do I try to come up with a plan to make my circumstance easier, or call a friend for their opinion.  Rather I want to inquire of the Lord first while I invite those that fellowship with me to join me in seeking help from the Lord. 

Then while they fasted and inquired of the Lord; in their prayer they remembered the ways that God had been faithful in the past.  Even listing the specifics.  May I have a heart that takes time to remember all that God has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson