Monday, July 16, 2012

Living out of Fear...NO MORE!!

2 Timothy 1:7, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." (NIV)


Have you ever learned a lesson, but the second time you really learn it....Bang!!  An epiphany; or more like a working of God's Holy Spirit in me through others to remind me of the truth I first learned in High School.

I was blessed with a wonderful High School Pastor, Jeff Timblin; whom on all our mission trips had us memorize scripture for each day.  2 Timothy was one of the books I "had to" memorize.  I did it and I learned the scripture but parts of it weren't applicable to my life.

Despite the less than enthusiastic commitment to memorize in High School; I was recently convicted that I have been living in a spirit of fear.  Through a friend praying for me!

What truth and what bondage I was living in... for the God that created the universe did not give me a spirit of fear.  I can walk in confidence with the spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline.

I love the KJV of 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  -- How pertainant this is to my last several months of life; fear is not of God's spirit!!  Again I am reminded of his power, love and a sound mind are given by God through his spirit. These truths I pray and have!!  And this is how I have been living the last two weeks.

So living out of Fear... NO More!!

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson