Sunday, June 3, 2012

Another Sunday

I feel like I don't have much to say these days.  I feel like i'm mourning a new level of loss and haven't even cleared it out in my own head yet.  Deep rooted emotions that will need some digging to loosen and get cleared out. 

Here in Texas the soil is like clay, rock hard in places.  As I have journeyed on creating my flower bed I have had to dig deep and break it up...But the trick I have found is the more you saturate it with water the easier it is to accomplish the task of gardening. 

My heart is much the same way.  It is too hard to break open with my own strength.  I have pounded it; prodded while working really hard to rid myself of my weeds while planting some beauty.  If you read this blog you can see all the time, sweat, tears, and money I have poured into it.  But the only thing that seems to soften; water and saturate, is the word of God.  Specifically I mean the Bible, God's inspired word. 

Today I couldn't get myself to jump into 2 chronicles, in keeping with my reading through the Bible.  Rather I jumped into Ephesians.  Right in Chapter 1 I am reminded that I am already "holy and blameless in his sight."  How freeing and wonderful; because I am far from the classification of blameless...you can ask Tyler for confirmation.  But God, Creator of the universe sees me as already holy and blameless and not because of my hard work or attempts at perfectionism.  Further on in verse 18 I am called into a rich inheritance.  Well praise God!!  Because all the earthly attempts I have made for riches come up void.  So I will rest in that today; God's promises.


Ephesians 1:18-20, "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,"

(italicized by me)  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson