Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Verse

1 Chronicles 16:25-27 & 34,

"For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise,
He is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the Lord made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and joy in his dwelling place.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever."


Thank you Lord for being Lord of all, maker of heavens.  You are worthy of praise!  The world and it's circumstances will try to tell me otherwise; but You are good, Lord.  In looking back, your ways have become more clear.  You have refined me through the working of your Spirit in my life.  You are good, even when I don't understand the whys in some of my trials. 

Today's reading from Sarah Young's "40 days with Jesus" says, "As you journey along your life path with Me, refuse to let the past define you or your expectations of what lies ahead... The future is in My hands, and I can do surprising things with it."  Sarah Young's devotional speaks a reminder that God has my future in His hands.  He does not allow my past to define me, not even with the mess of depression.  I will wait for for God's surprises anticipating His goodness. 

Happy Sunday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson