Thursday, May 24, 2012

Exposure to my dark Heart

“I lie to myself all the time, but I never believe me.”   S.E. Hinton

Should have...
Could have...
I am defective...
Bad...
Awful...
Not good enough...
I am a terrible mom, wife, friend, etc...

These are some of the constant messages I send to myself... Messages of Shame.  Defective thinking contrary to the Truth of who I am.  I have dreams so vivid of feelings of abandonment/  I dream that I am a terrible mom and I wake up; immediately having to dispute those strong feelings. 

How do I undo a thought pattern that is so ingrained that it even invades my sleep?  (It lies deep in the center of who I believe I am.) 

1) I dispute the thought
2) Then fill my mind with truth (ie God's word)
3) and repeat (sometimes a 100 times in one hour)
4) Next I Surround myself with truth tellers
5) Finally pray and ask God to renew my mind

I am learning by God's grace to "rewire" my brain.
Romans 12 :2 "Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."  I would challenge that God's expertise is in brain/heart surgery and renewal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson