Thursday, February 9, 2012

Trust...

This has been a season full of flowers as well as learning to trust God in a deeper way. Firstly I have been learning to listen to this whispers God puts on your heart. Though listening to them has brought some uncomfortable change it has also brought blessings.

I use to just ignore those whispers excepting God to "yell" what he wants me to do. 1 kings 19:11-13 reminds me that God isn't yelling what to do. Elisha is fleeing for his life and the lord speaks to him,"the lord said, go out and stand in the presence of the lord, for the lord is about to pas by." Right now in my lack of faith I would be asking the lord a lot to questions? Like God don't you know I'm hiding, why would I go out and stand on the mountain and I'm your talking to me why would I need to see you pass by. Well anyhow we don't know what what actually went through Elijah's mind but the verse continues, "then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the lord, but the lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the lord wasn't in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went and stood at the mouth of the cave.". Elijah knew that it was the lord. From there the Lord called him out of his hiding to return to make to his mission.

What a reminder that God could be in the whisper, in a lot of ways counter intuitive to what I have expected from God. I have found that when I am in His word listening quietly God lays out what I need to be doing. It seems that there are always people that disagree with what you are doing, but that has always been the story with those trusting in God. Look at Noah; never had the world seen rain yet he in obedient trust he built an ark because God told him to. Again it doesn't say if Noah questioned or not rather it does show in genesis 6:22 that "Noah did everything just as God commanded."

 A good friend was encouraged by her dad to read through the bible in 90 days, I thought what a great idea so here I go...however I think I may be on the 120 day plan. But just reading through Genesis so far I am encouraged by the perfenctly imperfect people that God used.   Many of the people in Genesis made terribly disobedient choices yet God continues to walk with them and use them for his purpose. They come back to trusting God's word and promises for their lives.  Lord help me in my complete imperfection trust in you and walk in what you ask me to do while carefully listening to your whispers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson