Friday, February 24, 2012

An opportunity

I have been blessed with an opportunity to share my story with a group of women that I already love.  I'm going back to the community where I lived prior to Texas; where I first worked as a nurse, where my babies were born,  and where God began to reveal more deeply my depravity and need for him. 

When I first thought about sharing my story.  I immediately thought, "I am so not qualified, I still have a lot to work on," truth is we all have a lot to work on (can you hear the 3 P's in my voice). 

While continuing to read through the old testament; I have continued to be reminded that God uses broken, unqualified people.  Look at Moses and the Israelites; what a mess.  By the second month the Israelites are already complaining that they are no longer in Egypt and short on the food they had.  They wanted to go back to slavery!?  They had been rescued from slavery and when the going got tough they forgot God's promise of what was ahead (Exodus 16).  I love that God answers their prayer by providing food, but not an endless supply rather; just enough for that day. 

So yes; I too am quick forget God's blessings and start back on the path of the 3 P's (in some ways back to my slavery), but I am going to trust that God will provide just enough for each of my days, especially the opportunity to speak to the women in California at Sierra Bible Church.  I will trust God for just enough.  To pay for three tickets to California, rental car, confidence, time to prepare, and the right words to say.

For now I am clinging to the blessing in Numbers 6:24-26 and praying it for each of my readers,

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson