Saturday, January 14, 2012

Withdraw...

I love the word of God. I don't always live by it but I love it.  I was reading in John 6 and was encouraged my a passage that I have read many many times, but not until this season of life did I see the significance of Jesus actions in verse 15.  In setting the scene, Jesus had just feed the 5,000 and the people were amazed.  Sadly amazed by the the miracle not in who Jesus truly was.  Verse 15, "Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself."  Knowing that man's desire was not God's plan he withdrew, but also did it again (italicised by myself).  Stop and pause for a minute.  Jesus withdrew to be by himself... Oh how I need this when the pressures of "I should" do this or that voice "of do more." is so loud; I want to withdraw and be not just by myself but with Jesus.  He had the luxury of being with himself and settling into truth.  I have been practising resting in silence (being a mom of a 2 and 4 year old it comes in only a few minutes at a time).  But I want to silence the plans that aren't of God's plan and rest refocus on what is with the only truth I have found in this crazy world; God, Jesus and the word of God.  So withdraw...I will be this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson