Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful for depression


Crazy to be thankful for depression ha?  Especially if you read the posts back in September.  I have come a long way and have found joy even in the hardship, bad days, and set backs.  Through headaches, major weight gain, hair loss this last month; my heart has changed. Why am I thankful; or what specifically am I thankful for about my depression:
  • That I developed a strong desire and pursuit in my relationship with God, especially in my dependence on Him through my darkest days.
  • I can look and see God's hand of provision through the worst.
  • I am thankful for the Medicine that helps (doesn't fix), but gets me to a place to be intentional about changes of thought.
  • The platform to help and share my story with others in hope that they too can be encouraged.
  • Good Doctor that have wisdom to not give up (Dr Todd Clements).
  • A counselor (Cheryl LaMastra) that has walked with me through the thick of my past and helping me find tools to enjoy the future.
  • That my depression brought me to Steps at the Village church; that enlightened me to the lies I believed about the power of God in my life. 
  • The friends that God has provided.
  • Truly I am thankful for the journey that I am on, and the belief that it is making me into a better person, able to reflect God's grace, be a better wife and mother. 
Romans 8:18-19 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed."

1 comment:

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson