Monday, October 24, 2011

Daily Bread

Proverbs 30:7-9

"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread. 

Otherwise, I may have too much and may have to much and disown you and say,
"Who is the Lord?"

Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God"


This is the first time I have read this verse in it full context in the Proverbs.  I have only heard "give us our daily bread" in the Lord's prayer.  After reading this at the gym I so resonated with Davids desperate plea "do not refuse me before I die." This is exactly how I felt yesterday, desperate for his intervention to my dark thoughts of hopelessness.  Then I pray that the "falsehood and lies" that run through my head go "far from me."  Rather Lord I need you I am in desperation.  Rather than running to the World for false fullfillment and dishonor the name of the Lord or disown him.  I am going to pray for his daily bread in regards to my depression.  In his transforming power for enough so I continue to need him. 

I am also going to daily praise God for the science of the three pills he has given me to help regulate the chemistry in my brain.  I returned to my higher doses.  Deciding I'd rather be bald and happy than depressed and have tons of hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson