Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why weeds n flowers, not flowers n weeds...

It makes a ton of sense to get all the weeds out of the flower beds before planting new flowers. The weeds can easily choke out the existing flowers as well. I am no expert gardener, however I am enjoying working on our flower beds. Every other day I am out there pulling Bermuda grass, dandelions, and clover out of my flowers. As some of you been asking my new flower is blooming (it survived despite the summer heat of Texas). It survived because: first the weeds were removed, even down to the roots, then it was planted and tended to with care. As with my life; till I faced my various weeds (stresses, sins, boundaries, defining who I am), I couldn't even write down any of the blessings (which are my flowers). Hence weeds n flowers, not flowers and weeds.

Through the 8 years of working on, or through my depression; (with lots of help both paid and not) I am thankful I have begun to weed through life with honesty and see some flowers that where always there while cultivating new ones. All during which I am learning to surrender my self completely to the "master garden" who is the only one who can truly make something beautiful out of the weeds of our lives.

So may you rid your life of some of your weeds so that you can bloom. All with the help of the "Master Gardener" which is the Lord Jesus Christ.   

Ezekiel 36:26-27 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." No matter where we are right now God offers us an opportunity for a new heart and praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson