Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mental Illness

mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual, and which is not a part of normal development or culture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_illness

Above is wikipedia's definition of mental illness, though it is accurate it is incomplete.  For me mental illness has defined something so much more complicated and heart breaking. 

It is the thing that robs joy from my heart, forcing a smile that is fake.  It try's to rob my family of joy, love and security in that their wife and mom can't always be counted on.  It is something that can sneak up and come out as anger toward those who don't deserve its wrath.  In my life it has received more attacks ie. pray more, seek Christ, eat healthy, run, confess your sins, etc.  Trust me I have tried it all.  I find myself on my knees for God's mercy and in his word daily.  No such relief but for a season (sometimes as little as a week of relief).  Thankfully mental illness hasn't robbed me of my marriage and children, and most importantly my life.  I am working to redefine what I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson