Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Confessions

I had major epiphany this last Friday night, while we were on vacation as a family at the lake.  I was laying in bed and I felt a conviction like I have never had.  Through that conviction I came to the realization that much of my thinking about who I am, is lies and is sinful! For example "I am a terrible mother" is one such thought is not true and actually breaks Gods heart to think such lies.  Where in reality I am a mother who's not perfect doing my best to raise children that are loved, confident, and obedient.  And most importantly hopefully come to know that they to are loved by God; just as I am.  Part of this process is knowing what is true.  I was first convicted of what is not true and how in reality it is a sin to believe such lies. 

John 10:10 has been the verse of memory for the week.  "The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. Please leave a message or question; look back and I will reply. Thank you and God bless, Alyson